EARLIEST KNOWN COMPLETE NERVOUS SYSTEM DISCOVERED
Extinct ‘Mega Claw’ Creature Had Spider-Like Brain
October 16, 2013 - University of Arizona news release
A team of researchers led by University of Arizona Professor Nick Strausfeld and London Natural History Museum’s Greg Edgecombe have discovered the earliest known complete nervous system, exquisitely preserved in the fossilized remains of a never-before described arthropod that crawled or swam in the ocean 520 million years ago.
The find suggests that the ancestors of chelicerates – spiders, scorpions and their kin – branched off from the family tree of other arthropods – including insects, crustaceans and millipedes – more than half a billion years ago.
Continue reading …
Fossil of the megacheiran Alalcomenaeus, a distant relative of scorpions and spiders. (Photo: N. Strausfeld et al.)
Close-up of the head region of the Alalcomenaeus fossil specimen with superimposed colors, using a microscopy technique revealing the distribution of chemical elements in the fossil. // Copper shows up as blue, iron as magenta and the CT scans as green. The coincidence of iron and CT denote nervous system. The creature boasted two pairs of eyes (ball-shaped structures at the top). (Photo: N. Strausfeld/UA)
Illustration of the nervous systems of the Alalcomenaeus fossil (left), a larval horseshoe crab (middle) and a scorpion (right). Diagnostic features revealing the evolutionary relationships among these animals include the forward position of the gut opening in the brain and the arrangement of optic centers outside and inside the brain supplied by two pairs of eyes. (Illustration: N. Strausfeld/UA)
completely serioussoundtrack to Siege of Orgrimmar in commemoration of its first birthday. I want to get off Mr. Hellscream’s wild ride
- Immerseus // SPLASH FREE (50% OFF cover) - 50% OFF!
stop standing on the tank platforms
- The Fallen Protectors // PonPonPon - Kyary Pamyu Pamyu
what’s the kill order again
- Norushen // Dinosaur Laser Fight - Ninja Sex Party
don’t stand in the fucking laser
- Sha of Pride // WE ARE SHOTS☆CANDY!
STATS STATS STATS
- Zaela & Galakras // Itty Bitty Piggy - Nicki Minaj
who’s tanking towers
- Iron Juggernaut // Captain Jack (Peace Camp Mix) - Captain Jack
could u be craving my jugjuggies
- Dark Shamans // Ready to Die - Andrew WK
[10 minute track of the tanks screaming]
- General Nazgrim // Under Pressure - Queen feat. David Bowie
WHY ARE THERE TEN RAVAGERS
- Malkorok // Start Wearing Purple - Gorgol Bordello
did anyone see where that arcing smash hit
- Spoils of Pandaria // Kataslami Damacy (Quad City DJs vs Yu Miyake) - Misha Dash
we don’t have enough people on this side
- Thok the Bloodthirsty // Thomas the Tank Engine (GoatStep Remix) by GoatStep
CHOO CHOO MOTHERFUCKER
- Siegecrafter Blackfuse // Danger! (High Voltage) - Electric Six
who’s been drawing dicks with the laser
- Klaxxi Paragons // I Can’t Decide - Scissor Sisters
I’m a yellow square what does that mean
- Garrosh Hellscream // Dearly Beloved Power (Kingdom Hearts vs Kanye West) - Botanic Sage
how did we all get mindcontrolled
- A New Warchief // Super Hey Ya (Outkast Remix) - Lemon Demon
happy birthday shitbaby
listen to it here.
I lost it at ten ravagers.
This is awful and wonderful at the same time.
someone on the WoW beta manage to trigger a bug which filled his base with an infinite number of respawning skeletons, which followed him to the graveyard when he died and won’t go away even after he’s been killed repeatedly, abandoned the quest which summoned them, and logged out and back in again, so he’s trapped as a corpse until it is fixed
world of warcraft finally replaced with superior game “infinite skeleton hell”
Looking at Midousuji’s mouth along the series made me remember my kindergarten love, who had tremendous smile with similiar fine teeth. Is he riding a bike somewhere now? Who knows.